WAEC 2017 Data Processing obj,theory question and Answer Now Available -MAY/JUN
DATA PROCESSING OBJ:
1a) super computer
ii) mainframe computer
Information and communications technology (ICT) refers to all the technology used to handle telecommunications, broadcast media, intelligent building management systems, audiovisual processing and transmission systems, and network-based control and monitoring functions
– — ICT has also change the way we shop
ICT has changed the way we shop lots of people shop online now for a number of things like: cloths, games, food and music witch is easier for us most of the time
—– ICT technology has changed the way we judge sports how we watch them and also in some case’s how we competed in them. the use of game consoles have a lot to do with sport is well Lewis Hamilton said that he managed to learn the racing tracks because he had played them on his PlayStation
—— Some ICT technology has taken over lots jobs because for example one special built robot can do the work that 60 people would do in a quicker time and also up to a better standard and this is happening because now it is cheaper for the business or companies to do this because then they don’t have to pay the works or pay to keep the room or area they work in heated they also don’t have to pay for sick pay and the robots will work longer they would be faster and the work would be better quality then humans.
2. Computer ethics is a part of practical philosophy which concern with how computing professionals should make decisions regarding professional and social conduct. … Any informal code of
ethical conduct that exists in the work place.
Below are suggestion of rules and regulations for computer lab users. Choose any 5.
1. Pupils are prohibited to enter the lab unless authorised by the teacher.
2. Scan diskettes before using them.
3. Report all problems related to the system to the teacher.
4. Do not attempt to repair or tamper with lab equipment.
5. Be responsible when using equipment, software and facilities in the lab.
6. Do not move any equipment from its original position.
7. Do not remove or load any software into the computer.
8. Do not change the settings in the computer.
9. Save all work in external storage device and not in the computer.
10. Do not bring in bags, food and drink into the lab.
11. Turn off the computer accordingly after use.
12. Switch off all power supplies before leaving the lab.
13. Internet facility is strictly for educational purposes only.
14. Teachers should record the use of computer lab in the lab log book.
15. All users should record the use of computers in the computer log book.
16. The Lab should be kept clean and tidy at all times.
-It is a cheap medium of communication
-It does not give room for leakage of secret information by hackers
-It is easy to maintain. It requires less technical knowledge.
-Be detail – oriented
-Nigeria is a computer society.(NCS)
-Nigeria Internet Group(NIG)
-Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPCN)
-Nigeria Internet Exchange (NIA)
-WiFi – Wireless Fidelity
-GUI – Graphical User Interface
I Ctrl + C
II Ctrl + S
III Ctrl + P
-Word processing packages
-Corel draw packages
-Excell processing packages
-Lotus word pro-windows
Keystroke: Ctrl + return,Ctrl + F,Ctrl +F2
Action: Page break,Find and replace,help,print preview
6aiii] III. – CPU
VI- SOCKET AC SOURCE
6iv] Ensure you use stabilizer when using the computer so that the power source will not be fluctuating.
6v] true the Keybord/CPU
Fig2. is a DVD diskette
Fig3. Is a magnetic tape diskette
The magnetic tape media is most suitable
A radio player
A radio player
Virtual sequential access method
By compressing the image sizes
KEEP REFRESHING THIS PAGE EVERY 5MINS
I PITY THOSE THAT COPY
WRONG ANSWERS FROM OTHER SITES. USE OURS IF U WERE DIRECTED HERE WE
CONFIRM B4 DISTRIBUTION